From July 4 to 19 the Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk has a range of school holiday activities panned for children.
Not only are families encouraged to take a 1.5km walk with spectacular views from 30 metres above the forest floor on top of the Illawarra Escarpment.
Children can also participate in the Gruffalo Spotters Trail using a free Augmented Reality app and special markers that help bring storybook characters such as Mouse, Fox, Owl, Snake and The Gruffalo to life.
Now that social distancing restrictions and travel restrictions in regional areas have been eased the Zipline Tour is also up and running again and providing a unique perspective of the rainforest.
Participants get to journey across two suspension bridges, stop at four cloud stations and soar on three flights including one that is 106 metres long.
The Zipline Tour does have a limited capacity due to social distancing so Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is advising people book ahead online.
- Where: Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures, 182 Knights Hill Road Knights Hill NSW 2577
- When: Saturday July 4 - Sunday July 19
- Treetop Walk Hours: Open daily 10:00am - 5:00pm. Last entry 4:00pm
- Zipline/Café Hours: Open Thursday - Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Cost: TheGruffalo experience is included in price of Treetop Walk. App is free to download. General Admission Adults from $22.50, Children from $13.50. Zipline Tour (includes Treetop Walk) Adults from $60, Children from $36.
Other venues reopen in time for the school holidays
- Science Space plans a grand reopening on Thursday in time for the school holidays
- Excitement is building for the grand reopening of the new 3Sixty Indoor Skate Park few got the chance to visit before COVID-19
- Children happy as inflatable play centre reopens at Warrawong
- No ball pits but plenty of other fun activities as play centres reopen for Illawarra children in time for the school holidays
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Sign up for our newsletters for the latest news