Illawarra resident and Masked Singer contestant Christine Anu is unaffected by the recent COVID-19 outbreak that has halted production on the show.
The Channel 10 series, which airs on WIN in the Illawarra, was temporarily shut down late last week after a dancer caught coronavirus and other crew members tested positive.
Anu, who was appearing on the Melbourne-filmed show as Goldfish, was unmasked Monday last week and sent home.
But she is not at any risk, a network spokesman said, because her episode was filmed several weeks before the outbreak.
"Christine Anu returned to NSW after her The Masked Singer commitments concluded three weeks ago," the spokesman said.
"Christine completed her mandatory two-week quarantine period at home following the guidelines set out by NSW Health and has returned negative test results."
With several episodes already filmed, the series will still screen this week.
Following the outbreak, the entire production team, including host Osher Gunsberg and celebrity judges Dannii Minogue and Dave Hughes, are in self-isolation.
Gunsberg revealed the show was two hours away from recording its grand finale when things were put on hold.
"We are ready to go and ... this young person put their hand up and said, 'Hang on, guys, I'm not feeling so great, I should probably let you know this'," he told The Project on Sunday.
"They were brave enough to pull the emergency brake on this freight train. We hit stop and everything shut down."
Gunsberg, who is awaiting his test result, hoped their courage would serve as an example to others.
"Nothing is as important as everyone's safety," he said.
The quiz show Millionaire Hotseat - filmed in the same Melbourne Docklands studio as The Masked Singer - has also gone on hiatus after requests from health authorities.
While the two shows are filmed in separate studios, it is understood the production shares some common areas.
The Masked Singer was granted an exemption to keep filming in Melbourne despite the city's strict stage four lockdown restrictions.
"There are some productions if they weren't to continue then they would be lost to Victoria," Premier Daniel Andrews told reporters on Sunday.
"It's done on a case-by-case basis and it's always accompanied by a COVIDSafe Plan."
Chief health officer Brett Sutton said some crew had tested positive but insisted it did not necessarily mean there had been a breach of any guidelines.
Gunsberg said the show's producers had been working "hand in glove" with the Department of Health and Human Services to prove production was safe.
"I'm really militant about this stuff (COVID-19)," he said.
"I've never been on a stricter set, on a more segregated set. Everyone was working in little pods. No people crossed over."
The Victorian health department is continuing to investigate the outbreak.