His Boy Elroy has become Her Boy Oscar for the Cancer Council's 2020 Relay For Life ambassador Angie Howes.
Lachlan Stevens said the Her Boy Oscar burger was created by Ms Howes's son Oscar who decided he wanted to to team up with the crew from His Boy Elroy to make his mum something special as she fights a second battle with cancer.
"Oscar has made a Double beef patty, maple bacon, liquid cheddar cheese and Dorito extravaganza,' Mr Lachlan said.
"And he plans to sell the burger between the 17th and 23rd of October for $25 fries included.
"The team at His Boy Elroy will be donating $15 of every burger to the Cancer Council in Wollongong."
Mr Stevens said it was a lovely idea from Oscar and the eatery was only too happy to get involved.
They are all looking forward to his mum's reaction when a video is posted on social media on Wednesday morning.
"Oscar's aim is to raise $2000 to help people, like is mum, fight and overcome cancer," Mr Lachlan said.
The Illawarra Mercury plans to speak to Oscar about his motivation and his mum to get her reaction when the video goes live on Wednesday.
- Meet the man who changes light bulbs 70 metres above Australia's Parliament House
- One in five will be diagnosed with a mental health issue during 2020
- Innovation grants to help business combat COVID-19 challenges and issues
- Why former Illawarra Business Chamber boss wanted to become NSW Small Business Commissioner
- Enjoy a stylish pink picnic on a Berry farm and help fight breast cancer
- Luke Rollinson rides at Eastern Creek on Friday for kids with cancer
- Mama Base Illawarra, holistic parenting centre, opens in Wollongong
- Next generation entrepreneurs develop business skills at the Zig Zag Hub
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.