Looks like the 50 per cent chance is coming late in the day on New Year's Day with clouds starting to appear on the radar mid afternoon.
The forecast is for a cloudy day with maximum of 22 degrees, a shower or two and southeasterly winds of 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late evening.
Saturday's forecast is similar with a 50 per cent chance of showers, most likely in the evening, and light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day.
- Christmas windfall for Unanderra couple gifted a $25,000 scratch it
- No new Wollongong cases - but Crown Street venue may hold 'missing link' to Avalon cluster
- Symbio works hard to save koala population decimated by last summer's bushfires
- 'Amazing response' as Wollongong restaurants deliver free food to frontline workers
- NSW Governor impressed with Illawarra community response to COVID-19
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.