Wollongong bar and restaurant the Swallowed Anchor will reopen this week, re-emerging after the venue's public health scare on New Year's Eve.
Owners Ryan and Annah Wilson had already been closed for several days for a Christmas break when they received a phone call from NSW Health on December 31, alerting them that they had become the newest venues across the state to be thrust into the COVID-19 hot spot.
With health officials confirming that the cases found in Croydon and Wollongong were genetically linked to the Northern Beaches cluster, they were searching for a venue where transmission may have occurred.
A case from both areas has visited the Swallowed Anchor on the same day, and so officials asked anyone who had visited there - as well as all staff - to come forward for testing and go into isolation.
However, no further cases linked to the venue were found.
"We are just so relieved there weren't any further cases," Mr Wilson said.
"All our staff and patrons from December 19 have tested negative and we have far surpassed the 14 day quarantine period. There was a nervous wait while watching the Premiers update each morning to see if there were any further cases from the area."
Mr Wilson said he has been "absolutely overwhelmed" by support from friends, family and customers following the event, and also thanked a large number of other Wollongong businesses who had voiced their support.
Nevertheless, he said it had been a tough time and hoped he would be able to support other affected businesses as the pandemic wears on.
"You really can't help feeling some sort of responsibility," he said.
"Everyone has a part to play through COVID and even though we were doing our part to the best of our ability, some things are out of your control.
"We are pretty private people so it was quite difficult for us to be announced so publicly.
"We know that there is always risk but all we can do is listen to the advice that is handed down and continue to support each other. Like I've told everyone, it's been exhausting but we are resilient."
The Wilsons have asked all patrons to "please help us to look after our community" as they return to the Swallowed Anchor.
"If you are unwell or have been to a hot spot, please get tested and follow the latest health advice," they said.
"Stay safe and please support your local businesses and Australian produce. We can't survive without your support."
The venue has been subject to rigorous cleaning and will be open from Tuesday.