After bushfires led to the cancellation of last year's Kiama Show, the 2021 event has been postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Kiama Show Society Management Committee made the decision at their January meeting to postpone the 2021 Kiama Show that was scheduled to occur on Saturday, January 23.
When making this decision, the committee reportedly considered the impact of COVID-19 and the possible risks to the Kiama community, members, competitors, stallholders, visitors and the many volunteers involved in the show.
"Our primary obligation is the safety of our community and everyone involved in the show," Kiama Show Society president Neil McLaren said.
"The management committee will keep the community updated on a future event as decisions are made.
"We appreciate the support of everyone and realise the disappointment many will feel, but our community's safety comes first."
Mr McLaren said it was too early to make any prediction regarding a potential new date for the show.
"Everyone in events is sitting back, waiting and watching," he said.
Meanwhile, a decision regarding whether the 132nd Berry Show, scheduled for January 29-30, will go ahead will be made next week.
Berry Show president Paul Evert said the show committee will meet next week to make its final decision.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.