Warnings of hazardous conditions for surfers, swimmers, rock fishers and boaters have been issued, and will stay in place until midnight tonight.
Surf and swell conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued the warning this morning for the Illawarra, Coast Sydney Coast and Bateman's Coast.
NSW Police Force Marine Command recommend that:
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near surf-exposed areas.
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local Marine Rescue radio base, via VHF Radio or the Marine Rescue APP, and consider their safety management plan.
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.