An Adelaide cabaret star who made it to the grand final of America's Got Talent is bringing his feathers and glitter to Wollongong for a singalong screening of The Sound of Music.
Known as Hans the German, the camp faux-European is encouraging all to dress as their favourite character or "thing from the movie" when it swings by Greater Union on Burelli Street, on July 10.
"The best movie in history with the best host in history, me," Hans said in his faux-German accent.
"I can't wait to lead you all in song and enjoy some of our 'Favourite Things' together. Get creative and get into costume."
Adelaide entertainer Matt Gilbertson rose to international fame in 2018, after his alter ego Hans the German (a camp European accordion player) became the first Australian act to make it through to the second round of America's Got Talent auditions.
The cabaret star made it to the grand final before bowing out, but continued to make the world glitter.
Ticketing and venue info: hansofficial.com
- SAT 15 MAY REGENT CINEMAS, BALLARAT, VIC
- SAT 5 JUNE KARRALYKA CENTRE , RINGWOOD, VIC
- SAT 19 JUN BCC CINEMAS, COFFS HARBOUR, NSW
- FRI 25 JUNBENDIGO CINEMAS, BENDIGO, VIC
- SAT 26 JUN LIGHTHOUSE THEATRE, WARRNAMBOOL, VIC
- SAT 3 JUL EVENT CINEMAS - PACIFIC FAIR VMAX, GOLD COAST, QLD
- SAT 10 JUL GREATER UNION, WOLLONGONG, NSW
- FRI 16 JUL BCC CINEMAS - TOWNSVILLE CITY, TOWNSVILLE, QLD
- SAT 17 JUL EVENT CINEMAS - EARLVILLE, CAIRNS, QLD
- FRI 23 JUL EVENT CINEMAS, ROCKHAMPTON, QLD
- SAT 24 JUL MONCRIEFF ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, BUNDABERG, QLD
- SAT 31 JUL VILLAGE CINEMAS VMAX, FRANKSTON, VIC
- FRI 6 AUG VILLAGE CINEMAS VMAX, HOBART, TAS
- SAT 7 AUG VILLAGE CINEMAS, LAUNCESTON, TAS
- FRI 20 AUG FAYS TWIN CINEMA, TAREE, NSW
- SAT 21 AUG SYDNEY COLISEUM THEATRE: WEST HQ, ROOTY HILL, NSW
- FRI 27 AUG & SAT 28 AUG EVENT CINEMAS - INNALOO VMAX, PERTH, WA