Entries have opened for the Illawarra-based Smartfone Film Fest, calling for budding filmmakers of children to adults.
Now in its seventh year, the festival is open to people around the globe with the main rule being all movies must be shot entirely on a mobile phone or tablet, with the theme being 'Rise'.
This year the Gala Awards Final - in partnership with the Australian Film Television and Radio School -is confirmed for November 27 at the Chauvel Cinema Paddington, while the popular SF3 Kids, Feature Film and new SF3 Mini screenings will take place at the Actors Centre Australia in Leichhardt November 28.
Founders Angela Blake and Ali Crew have this year partnered with the United Nations Association of Australia, and wanting filmmakers to be inspired by the word RISE and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN.
Entries close August 1.
For entries, full details of categories, awards, masterclasses, judges and more, visitwww.SF3.com.au
- the SF3 Gala Awards - short films up to 20 mins in length;
- SF3 Kids and SF3 Teens - short films made by filmmakers 16 years and younger
- SF3 Feature Film Award - feature films 40 mins and longer;
- SF360 - Virtual Reality (VR) and 3D/360 degree films up to 20 mins in length;
- SF3 Mini: 'RISE' - shorts with a maximum three minute time limit