COVID-19 restrictions put in place more than a week ago will be lifted as planned at midnight on Sunday, despite NSW Health still unsure about the source of the most recent infections.
NSW Health reported there were no new locally acquired cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Saturday, and three overseas acquired cases.
Also, 12,203 tests were reported over the same period, down from 14,663 the day before.
"As there has been no further transmission detected in relation to the two locally acquired cases of COVID-19 reported last week, the temporary COVID-safe measures in place for the Greater Sydney will not be extended beyond 12.01am on Monday," Dr Natalie Klees from NSW Health stated.
This meant that limits are removed on the number of guests allowed to visit private homes.
Also, drinking while standing, group singing indoors and dancing at nightclubs area are allowed.
Masks will no longer be compulsory for hospitality staff dealing with customers or on public transport.
"However we continue to strongly encourage their use on public transport and in other settings where physical distancing is not possible," Dr Klees said.
The temporary restrictions - which included the Illawarra - were put in place on May 6 after a man and wife from Sydney's Eastern Suburbs tested positive.
Initially planned to last a few days, the restrictions ended up being in place for more than a week.
Dr Klees said NSW Health was still working to identify the source of the couple's infection.
"Despite extensive and ongoing investigations into the source of the two cases in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs, NSW Health has not yet identified how the initial case was exposed to the virus," she said.
"As these two cases have shown COVID-19 may re-emerge at any time so it is important that we all continue to take practical measures to stay COVID-safe."