Meanwhile, the federal government announced it would receive one million new Pfizer doses, with half to be sent to struggling NSW.
In international news, a fuel tanker that exploded in Lebanon has killed 20.
And while cities in Afghanistan fall to the Taliban following the retreat of western forces, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison refuses to rule out sending troops back in.
THE NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Over 400 cases as locked down NSW reaches 5 million jabs
- One new ACT Covid case unlinked, another linked to nightclub
- Two confirmed cases of Covid in Mudgee as Busy Bee says staff member isolating
- Venues of concern in Dubbo rises to 35
- More than 80,000 extra vaccine appointments made available
- No new local COVID-19 cases in Queensland
- How would Tas respond to a Delta outbreak?
- Man in hospital under police guard following Oberon double homicide