At BIG4 Easts Beach Holiday Park owners and staff are excited about the likelihood of being able to reopen by the end of October when NSW achieves an 80 per cent double vaccination rate.
But the Kiama tourist park was prepared to wait a little longer if necessary just to be certain it won't have to go into lockdown again.
Co-owner Leanne Williams said after four months of virtually no business she just wants the next opening to be permanent so there is less chance of shutting down again before Christmas.
"We just hope we can reopen and stay open," Ms Williams said.
"I think waiting until we are 80 per cent vaccinated before opening up is smart. It is only going to be a couple more weeks. We have to take things gradually. I think everyone has got used to the fact that nothing is set in stone until we actually get to that point and the Public Health Order actually comes out that tells us what we can do. But we are definitely starting to plan and are getting back in contact with staff."
Ms Williams said some people had to cancel their bookings for early October recently but were eager to rebook.
"We had lots of enquiries from people who thought we would be opening up on the 11th of October."
Ms Williams said many people booked for Christmas early in the year and those bookings were still in place.
"Sydney is our biggest market and they are obviously hanging out for Christmas," she said.
"I think it will be busy because people are very keen to get out and about."
Ms Williams said the tourist park has used the downtime for maintenance and new road work.
"We have only had a few essential workers staying here. But not many. We have pretty much been closed since June."
Ms Williams said casual staff were eager to return and it was good to have some positive news for them.