Kembla Grange officials are confident next week's The Gong won't be affected by rain after Saturday's meeting was abandoned.
Stewards conducted a track inspection at 6am, however it was deemed the surface was not in a suitable condition to race.
The venue has received more than 90 millimetres of rain throughout the week, with more falling overnight.
Sun is forecast for the much of the coming week, with the chance of light showers on Thursday and Friday.
While disappointed Saturday's meeting had to be abandoned, Kembla Grange racing manager Michael Craig said the track should be back in excellent condition by next weekend.
"The forecast looks a lot better for next week than it was this week," Craig said. "We've got another seven days to recover.
"If the weather's kind to us over the next week, we probably will be racing on a good four."
The Kembla Grange surface has come under criticism in recent years, with local trainers urging the Illawarra Turf Club to fast-track plans to commence improvements to the B-grass and the course proper.
The upgrades were scheduled to commence in late 2019, but remain delayed with no firm timeline moving forward.
Craig acknowledged the importance of the work, however he said nothing can weather-proof the venue.
"It is important we do have an extra track to help give the course proper a bit of a rest from time to time," Craig said. "But it's inevitable you're going to get periods of bad weather.
"While it will help a great deal, you can never be 100% safe from having too much rain to make the track unraceable."