Illawarra's game against arch-rivals Sydney Kings at WIN Entertainment Centre is off after a confirmed COVID case in the Hawks camp.
The game was due to tip-off at 7.30pm.
It means the Hawks have now been restricted to just two NBL Blitz games this pre-season, after Thursday's clash with New Zealand was also cancelled, when four of the Breakers group contracted COVID.
The Mercury understands the positive Hawks case is not a member of the playing group or coach Brian Goorjian.
In a statement the NBL said "the league remains confident the round one fixture between the 36ers and Hawks will go ahead", due to take place in Adelaide on December 5.
The Hawks said all players are double vaccinated and will remain in isolation until they return a negative test result.
"The coaches and players are obviously disappointed not to have a chance to play in front of their home fans, especially after Thursday's match-up with the Breakers was also cancelled," Hawks president and co-owner Dorry Kordahi said in a statement.
"The safety of our players and coaches is of the utmost importance and we will continue to follow the advice of medical professionals as we assist with the team's return to the court."
The Hawks had been in the hunt to win the pre-season competition, after winning their first two games against Melbourne United and South East Melbourne.
Those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted by Ticketmaster for a refund, the Hawks said.