University main round offers released

About 86,000 aspiring university students across NSW and the ACT are about to discover if their chosen institution has offered them a position.

But with universities only making 50,814 offers in the main round, there is bound to be some who are disappointed.

From 9pm on Thursday applicants will be able to log online and find out if they have been made an offer.

University Admissions Centre director Kim Paino said there were 4990 less main round offers than last year.

‘‘While less offers have been made in the main round this year compared to last year, the total pool of offers has increased,’’ she said.

‘‘Many universities have increased their number of offers by making additional offers in the early rounds before main round.’’

For those who do not receive a main round offer, there are several later rounds.

The next round is on January 30.

The names of successful applicants will also be published in Fairfax Media papers on Friday.

AAP

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop