When Norwegian Cruise Lines booked Mrs Gray for the first time as an entertainer on the Norwegian Star cruise from Auckland to Singapore she did not know she was coming to her home town. Or the events that would follow.
But when she read an Illawarra Mercury story saying it was visiting Wollongong she realised there was a chance to really the sing the praises of the city she loves. She did it so well hundreds of international passengers came to a talk she did on Wollongong and gave her a standing ovation at the end.
Then when she hopped off a shuttle into the Arts Precinct with her luggage many waved and said hello and thank you as she was interviewed.
Destination Wollongong general manager Mark Sleigh wasted no time thanking her for a job well done.
And Norwegian Cruise Lines was so impressed she is about to hop on a flight to Singapore to join the ship again.
“NCL were so happy with me I've been booked back on next week from Singapore”.
- Local singer Jennifer Gray acknowledged for a job well done promoting her home town
- Wollongong given the thumbs up by international cruise ship visitors
- Wollongong singer gives talk about her home town to international passengers on Norwegian Star
- Wollongong singer Jennifer Gray boards Norwegian Star's maiden voyage to Port Kembla in Auckland on Saturday
- Giant cruise ship Norwegian Star is still definitely coming to Wollongong on February 23