Mangerton home invasion victim attacked twice in two days: court

Investigations: Police at the scene of the alleged home invasion at Mangerton on Monday morning. Pictures: Georgia Matts
Investigations: Police at the scene of the alleged home invasion at Mangerton on Monday morning. Pictures: Georgia Matts

A 20-year-old man bashed by four intruders during a violent home invasion at Mangerton on Monday morning is the same man attacked with a machete at the weekend, the Mercury can reveal.

Jayden Thorton-Eddy received cuts to the back of his head during the confrontation inside his Myuna Way home on Saturday, that allegedly stemmed from a dispute over a $1200 mobile phone.

Steven William Firmin, 18 and Nicholas Bilboe, 18, were charged over the incident, which left Bilboe’s brother Benjamin with a laceration to his lower back.

Meantime, it is alleged just two days later, Thorton-Eddy was targeted by four young men who broke into his home and bashed him with a brick, stones tied in a sock and a glass bong.

Police have charged Rick Clayton, Adam Leskiewicz, Daemon Master and Edwyn Haitana with Monday’s attack.

Court documents reveal Thorton-Eddy told police he and his housemate saw the four men standing out the front of their house just before midday.

It is alleged all four began throwing bricks at the house, before Haitana forced his way inside and began fighting with Thorton-Eddy.

Police claim Clayton, Master and Leskiewicz joined their friend inside the house moments later, armed with different weapons, attacked Thorton-Eddy.

It is alleged Masters hit the victim in the head with a brick, while Leskiewicz’s was wielding a sock containing what appeared to be rocks or a piece of metal.

Clayton allegedly picked up a glass bong and repeatedly hit Thorton-Eddy in the head. All four men then fled the scene.

Thorton-Eddy was taken to hospital for treatment to a 30mm gash on the right side of his head.

All four men were subsequently arrested and charged with one count each of special aggravated break and enter with wounding.

Only Clayton and Leskiewicz were released on court bail on Tuesday.

As part of their bail conditions, both men agreed not to contact or approach the alleged victim or any prosecution witnesses.

Leskiewicz will also be required to report to police daily and live at an address in Coniston, while Clayton’s family agreed to put up a $500 surety to secure his release to his home address of Woonona.

The cases return to court on November 29.