Illawarra residents will be spoilt for choice in the coming months with a number of moonlight movies showing in various open spaces.
Tickets for Sunset Cinema at Wollongong’s Botanic Gardens are now on sale while Sunset Vibes at Bulli Showgrounds begins on November 10 with the musical Mamma Mia. The masterminds behind Foragers Markets will host the outdoor cinema on the second Friday of each month with food trucks and blow-up beds.
Wollongong council will provide free family films in Port Kembla, Corrimal, Berkeley and Figtree – starting with Finding Dory at Thirroul Beach Reserve on November 18.
Bring your blanket for Wollongong council’s free family events. Gates open at 6pm and films screen at sunset. The event concludes at 10pm.
Headphones and/or hearing loops are available.
Saturday, November 18
- Finding Dory at Thirroul Beach Reserve.
Saturday, November 25
- A Dog's Purpose at King George V Oval, Port Kembla.
Friday, December 1 (in conjunction with Corrimal Christmas carols).
- The Boss Baby at Ziems Park, Corrimal.
Kids can collect a free lantern-making kit from Corrimal Library and Community Centre, starting November 20. Either make it in the Library or take it home for a DIY project.
Saturday, December 9 (in conjunction with Berkeley Christmas carols).
- Elf at Berkeley Community Park (Winnima Way).
This event will run alongside the Berkeley Christmas Carols from 5pm. There’ll be Christmas songs, a jumping castle, animal petting farm and other activities.
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Sing at Roy Johanson Park, Figtree.
Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Despicable Me 3 at Thirroul Beach Reserve.
This event will run alongside the Thirroul Seaside and Arts Festival.
Sunset Vibes will launch on November 10 and screen movies each month until April 13 at Bulli Showground. Between 5pm and 7pm, event-goers can enjoy a live band, tapas happy hour and kids club movie. The main movie will screen from 7.30pm. Adults $10, kids $5 and family $25.
Friday, November 10
- Mamma Mia! The Movie at Bulli Showground, Grevillea Park Road, Wollongong. Gates open at 5pm, Mamma Mia! will screen from 7.30pm. Bookings here.
Full movie program to be advised.
Tickets for Wollongong’s Sunset Cinema are now on sale. The season will run from December 27 to March 10, 2018 at the Wollongong Botanic Gardens’ Fig Lawn. Movies start at 7pm. Bookings here.
Wednesday, December 27
- Murder on the Orient Express at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.
Thursday, December 28
- Goodbye Christopher Robin at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.
Friday, December 29
- Thor: Ragnorak at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.
Saturday, December 30
- Bad Moms 2 at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.
Saturday, December 31
- Captain Underpants at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.
Saturday, January 6
- Justice League at Wollongong Botanic Garden, Murphys Avenue, Keiraville.