Heavy holiday traffic is causing 15km queues for northbound motorists on the Princes Hwy at Waterfall and 5km queues at Albion Park Rail late on Monday afternoon.
Live Traffic NSW is advising motorists to expect significant delays into Monday evening on the Princes Hwy as wall as the Hume Hwy which has experienced major delays around Marulan following a two car accident early in the afternoon.
A 25km queue is still being experienced by northbound traffic and a 20km queue for southbound traffic as the crash investigation unit remains at the scene with Transport for NSW.
One person was trapped in the accident that occurred at 12.16pm.
Meanwhile a 15km queue is being experienced by northbound traffic on the Hume Hwy at Pheasants Nest around 5pm.
Traffic update from Transport Management Centre at 6pm
- Traffic on the Hume Highway at Marulan remains heavy in both directions but is starting to ease.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Hume Motorway at Pheasants Nest, adding around 20 minutes extra travel time.
- Southbound traffic is heavy on the M1 Pacific Motorway from Morisset to Warnervale and near Somersby on the Central Coast, adding around 60 minutes extra travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the M1 Princes Motorway at Waterfall, adding around 15 minutes extra travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Princes Highway at Nowra, adding around 10 minutes extra travel time.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and check the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com