TWO LIBERALS ARE IN THE RACE TO BE TASMANIA'S 46TH PREMIER
* Treasurer and Minister for the Environment, Parks and Heritage.
* First elected to state parliament in 2002 in the northern seat of Bass.
* Has overseen a period of economic growth in Tasmania, but also rising net debt.
* Is running in conjunction with incumbent deputy premier Jeremy Rockliff.
* Before politics held senior management positions in financial services in Europe.
* Is a qualified black belt instructor in Tae Kwon Do.
* Married with two children, aged 55.
* Minister for State Growth, Science and Technology, Infrastructure and Transport, Small Business and Leader of the House.
* First elected to state parliament in 2010 in the northern seat of Bass.
* Served as federal member for Bass from 2004-07.
* Managed the state's troubled health system since the Liberals' election in 2014, but was stripped of the portfolio last year.
* Devout Christian who worked as a high school teacher before entering politics.
* Is running on a ticket with current Attorney General and Justice Minister Else Archer as his deputy.
* Married with three children, aged 45.
Australian Associated Press