As the winter months draw temperatures cooler, the unique blend of cold temperatures and ball sports causes a surge in muscle strains and tears.
There are a number of ways you can minimise and prevent the potential of a soft tissue, ligament or tendon injury.
These preventative techniques include:
- Getting a regular deep tissue massage;
- Using a foam roller, trigger balls and stretch bands to decrease muscle tightness and soreness;
- After high impact or contact sports hot and cold baths aiding blood flow and new oxygen cells into the muscle;
- Getting regular osteopathic appointments to ensure your back and hips are in alignment;
- Ensuring you complete a proper warm-up including ROM exercises and stretches to ensure the joints and muscle fibres are ready for action.