The first people to get away to many different parts of the world to solve a mystery and set themselves free did so on the weekend in the new Breakout escape rooms in Wollongong.
Located right in the heart of the city centre in Crown Street between Humber and Heyday bookings can be made online for the new adventure centre set to open to the public this week.
Just days before it officially opens to paying customers a group of 50 people got to try the escape rooms out and put Breakout to the test at a family and friends event.
And just as the name suggests it was a perfect place to escape from the real world and reality for a while.
“It is a great venue and a real first for Wollongong,” Michael Bassingthwaighte said.
“Bring workmates, bring friends and just enjoy the experience. It is fantastic.”
The verdict of all who tried was it was the rooms were challenging and fun.
Many did not manage to escape on their first 45 minute attempt but said they will be back to try the same room again because they refuse to be defeated.
“It was pretty tough,” Deborah De Santis said.
“But we can’t wait to come back and do that room again. It is great fun.”
Funpreneurs Brett Baker and Colin Bloomfield are just waiting on one final nod off approval before they can open the doors to the general public but that is expected to happen later this week.
Breakout is located below Kneading Ruby and can be entered by Crown Street or Crown Lane.
Read all about Breakout:
Frequently asked questions
How many people can play?
- Our rooms are recommended for 2 – 8 players at once.
Who can play?
- Games are recommended for ages 12 and above. Younger players may be okay in a group of older players, however please discuss this with staff prior to booking. As a general rule, someone over 16 will be required in every room.
Am I really locked in?
- No. You can leave the game area at any time.
But I’m claustrophobic!
- Don’t worry, the rooms are large and you can leave at any time. Please call us to discuss this if you have concerns.
Is it scary?
- Not unless you are a big wimp Seriously though, it’s engaging, not frightening. If you are concerned please give us a call.
Read more FAQs at www.breakoutbar.com.au
Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms Facebook page