A first of a kind conscious foodfest called Gratitude On A Plate is coming to Illawarra ITeC at Coniston soon.
The event is being supported by many local, ethical businesses to celebrate the Wollongong and Shellharbour community and how we all embrace the benefits of good, healthy and conscious food can be embraced.
Manic Organic Wholefoods, The IncrEdible Food Film Festival, ITeC Illawarra, Seasonal Yoga Treats, The Fair Food Forager, Food Fairness Illawarra, Surfrider, Plastic Free Wollongong, Govinda Valley, Permaculture Visions are among the first to form partnerships for the cause.
Deborah Shepherd, of Embrace Life Live Life, said the idea for the day on February 15 was to create a day of entrepreneurship, community and food.
“This is the first of this kind of event however Embrace Life Festivals have hosted over 30 well-being festivals in the last five years. Three of them have been in the Illawarra.
Ms Shepherd said Mignon Lee-Warden was well known for her events/festivals over the past 25 years, including Thriving Wollongong and Viva La Gong.
- IncrEdible food film festival – Peter Brandis of Kangaroo Valley will show a series of short movies on organic gardening, community gardens, the culture of food, issues around food waste and growing. There will also be short local and international movies with panel discussions by local professionals in the growing and food community.
- Food stalls, produce stalls, local health industry business stalls and organic product stalls.
- Kids zone with circus and art activities around food and growing with Honora Jenkins Kind Art Ed and April Sampson-Kelly, of Permaculture Visions.
- Food , drinks, raw treats, a juice bar, chai, curries, street food, fresh do-no-harm principle salads and a celebration of vegetarian/vegan food.
- Green corridor with free produce to take home
- Cate Peterson and Lars Skalman offer a seasonal journey of yoga and yoga treats.
- Cooking and raw food demonstrations in the commercial kitchen including fermenting, kombucha and raw foods. Ayurveda and multicultural dishes and workshops on various topics around the theme of nourishment, health and growth.
- Workshops that will range from garden to plate, food and qi gong body clock, permaculture design, juicing/detoxing, emotional eating, organic food and lifestyle.