A leisurely relaxed atmosphere was the precursor to contortionists and dancers performing to surreal music at the opening night of the Spiegeltent on Thursday night.
Breathtaking was what many described the action packed burlesque, cabaret circus style production called Limbo that ended in a standing ovation and many saying they would like to come back and see it again.
Limbo runs through the Spiegeltent season in the Wollongong arts and cultural precinct until May 6.
But for the next six weeks Merrigong Theatre Company’s artistic director Simon Hinton said there will be many other great acts as well such as comedians Dave Hughes, Peter Helliar and Judith Lucy as well as Circus Monoxide, So Popera, Kate Miller-Heidke, Dan Sultan and Djuki Mala.
The Spiegeltent Wollongong season
- Limbo: April 12 – May 6
- Djuki Mala: April 13 – April 15
- All Our Exes Live in Texas: April 14
- Wollongong Conservatorium of Music: Jazz Orchestra featuring Nick Garbett: April 15
- Barrel of Monkeys: April 17 – April 22
- Judith Lucy and Denise Scott: Disappointments: April 17 – April 18
- Gawurra: April 19
- Kate Miller-Heidke: April 20
- The Audreys: April 21
- Made from Scratch: April 22
- Yana Alana’s Greatest Tits: April 22
- The Black Sorrows: April 24
- Dan Sultan Killer Solo Tour: April 26
- Tom Gleeson: Sure Thing: April 27
- Emma Pask: April 28
- Opera Carnivale: Mahogaonny Sonspiel: April 29
- Peter Helliar: Big Boy Pants: April 29
- Trash and Trevor: The Best of Trevor Ashley: May 3
- Dave Hughes: The Snorkeler: May 4
- So Popera: So Popera Turns 10!: May 5
- Michael Griffiths – Lucky: Songs by Kylie: May 5
- Circus Monoxide: 5 of the Seven: May 6
- Sam Simmons: Radical Women of Latin American Art, 1960 – 1985: May 6
Tickets via www.spiegeltentwollongong.com