Curran Plumbing and Pipe Relining and Amanda Barr of Dance Sensations are among the big winners of Illawarra & South Coast Local Business Awards for 2018.
The 13th annual awards were the final major event held in the large upstairs function room at Dapto Leagues Club before the area is turned into a state-of-the-art children's centre.
After the awards founder Steve Loe, of Precedent Productions, said in 2019 he will be looking for a new venue.
In welcoming more than 700 people on Wednesday night for the 29 awards he commented on the sheer size of the event.
"This year we have have 8850 nominations from the public. That confirms each finalist's commitment to excellence for the local community," Mr Loe said.
And the winners are:
- Youth Award - Rebecca Dun of Little Wonders Early Learning Centre
- Bakery/Cake Shop - Bakers Delight at Warilla Grove Shopping Centre
- Fashion Shop - Ed Harry at Stockland Shellharbour
- Automotive Services - Alan May Holden at Moruya
- Jewellery Store - Pandora at Stockland Shellharbour
- Fast Food/Takeaway - Kate's Country Rooster
- Specialised Business - Active Property Conveyancing
- Photography Business - Nerida Louise Photography
- Fresh Food - Shellharbour Square Fish Market at Stockland Shellharbour
- Beauty Services - Skin Correctives
- Pharmacy - Choice Pharmacy at Vincentia Market Place
- Florist - McAndrews Florist
- Fruit & Vegetable Shop -Mitchell's Market at Warilla Grove Shopping Centre
- Cafe - The Hungry Monkey
- Dance Studio - Miss Zoe's School of Dance
- Pet care - Russell Vale Animal Clinic
- Professional Services - LP Entertainment
- New Business - Tattoo Saloon & Minaki Ink Cosmetic Tattooing
- Restautant - Caveau
- Service & Trade - Curran Plumbing and Pipe Relining
- Real Estate Agency - First National Coast & Country
- Fitness Services - F45 Training Nowra
- Child Care Services - The Grove Academy
- Education Service - Nicola's Tutoring
- Hairdresser - B Elite Salon
- Health Improvement Services - Smile Team Orthodontics
- Specialised Retail Business - Drummond Golf Shellharbour
- Business Person of the Year - Amanda Barr of Dance Sensations
- Business of the Year - Curran Plumbing and Pipe Relining