Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 35 mins
Ingredients for six:
- 1.2kg butterflied lamb leg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced into 1 1/2 cm thick pieces
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped +extra, to serve (optional)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime +extra wedges, to serve
- 300g kale slaw kit (with dressing)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped +extra sprigs, to serve
- Microwave brown rice, to serve
- Finely chop 1 slice of pineapple. Place in a medium bowl and combine with oil, fish sauce, honey, chilli, lime zest and juice. Season. Place marinade and lamb in a large snap lock bag or glass bowl, turn to coat and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, turning and glazing with any remaining marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Spray remaining pineapple lightly with oil and cook in same pan or barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place kale slaw in a large bowl, add coriander and dressing. Season and toss to coat.
- Slice lamb and serve with slaw, pineapple, rice, extra chilli (optional), lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Tips: Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe. Any leftover lamb can be used in a pita or wrap with salad for a delicious lunch. Kale slaw kits (which include dressing) are available at most supermarkets or use your choice of pre-made coleslaw. Remove seeds from chilli for less heat, if desired.