With the Melbourne Cup is only days away it was perfect timing on Friday for Illawarra Women in Business director Glenda Papac to announce only female jockey to ever win The Race That Stops a Nation is coming to Wollongong to speak at IWIB.
Michelle Payne will be the first guest speaker of 2020 at an IWIB networking lunch where she will be interviewed at Villa D'oro on February 14 by Richard Morecroft.
Mrs Papac said Morecroft will will be doing an armchair style Q & A chat with Michelle Payne.
She said full event details and bookings will go online on Monday November 4 and is expecting tickets to sell fast.
Michelle Payne follows an impressive group of IWIB keynote speakers that include Turia Pitt, Dawn Fraser, Ian Thorpe and Mark Bouris.
- Ian Thorpe impressed by Emma McKeon
- Illawarra students say hello to Dawn Fraser
- The Celebrity Apprentice Australia host Mark Bouris sees Wollongong as Australia's Silicon Valley
- New mum Turia Pitt motivates hundreds of women in Wollongong and is planning more babies
- Matt Moran gives $2500 to the Disability Trust in Wollongong and recalls how his parents met in Berry