UPDATED AT 8.44 AM: We have now been advised the airport will be operating.
The Shellharbour Airport has been closed, major roads are impacted and some schools will be closed today due to flooding.
The Shellharbour City Council issued an update this morning stating the Shellharbour Airport would be closed today and relevant airline operators and their customers were being notified.
Council's statement issued at 5.30 am this morning also said "due to 50mm of rain in the last few hours" Warilla was subject to widespread flooding "the extent of which is not fully known".
"Council's Works Depot in Industrial Road in Oak Flats is currently inaccessible due to floodwaters," the statement read.
"There is also flooding in other areas throughout the city.
The council has just advised that the Princes Highway in Albion Park is open in both directions.
The Transport Management Centre has advised there will be major changes to the South Coast Line impacting on train travel this morning. The major train line changes are _
- T7 Olympic Park Line - No trains between Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- South Coast Line - Buses are replacing trains between Waterfall and Thirroul, buses are supplementing trains between Thirroul and Dapto.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line - Buses are replacing trains between Hornsby and Morisset.
- Blue Mountains Line - Buses are replacing trains between Lawson, Lithgow and Bathurst.
- Southern Highlands Line - No trains are running between Campbelltown and Goulburn.
Road users are advised many road closures are in place across Sydney and on the NSW South Coast due to the extreme weather. Motorists are advised to avoid driving or allow plenty of additional travel time and drive with extreme care.
The Illawarra Highway remains closed at Macquarie Pass. For those travelling between Burrawang to Robertson the Illawarra Hwy is closed in both directions between Sheepwash Rd and Pearsons Lane due to a fallen tree. Avoid the area or use an alternate route.
All northbound lanes are closed on the Princes Highway near Tindalls Rd due to flooding in the area. Avoid the area if you can or detour via Bolong Rd (Bomaderry) Geroa Rd, Crooked River Rd, Fern St through Gerringong to return to Princes Hwy.
The following NSW public schools will be temporarily non-operational on Monday 10 February:
- Albion Park High School
- Albion Park Public School
- Bilpin Public School
- Brisbane Water Secondary College Umina Campus
- Brunswick Heads Public School
- Central Mangrove Public School
- Colo Heights Public School
- Ebenezer Public School
- Elanora Heights Public School
- Freemans Reach Public School
- Galston High School
- Gibberagong Environmental Education Centre
- Glossodia Public School
- Hawkesbury High School
- Holgate Public School
- Jilliby Public School
- Kulnura Public School
- Kurrambee School
- Lisarow Public School
- Macdonald Valley Public School
- Mannering Park Public School
- Marsden High School
- Megalong Public School
- Narara Valley High School
- Narrabeen Lakes Public School
- Narrabeen North Public School
- Narrabeen Sports High School
- Peats Ridge Public School
- Penrith Valley Learning Centre
- Pitt Town Public School
- Point Clare Public School
- Somersby Public School
- Towamba Public School
- Tullimbar Public School
- Wilberforce Public School
- Wooli Public School
- Wyndham Public School
- Wyong Creek Public School.