COVID-19 is not going to claim the 2020 IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards as a casualty.
Entries are now open for what the Illawarra Business Chamber wants to make a very special celebratory event following the significant challenges faced by the community in the first half of the year.
Executive director Adam Zarth said the October awards dinner will be a major celebration of the resilience, persistence and excellence of businesses and business leaders in the region.
Talking or resilience Mr Zarth said it was great to have IMB Bank on board as the principal sponsor and help it mark its 140th anniversary.
"The IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards are the region's largest and most prestigious business awards and given the challenges posed by the COVID lockdown this year, it was more important than ever that we celebrate the resilience, strength and adaptability of our business community," he said.
"This year's theme, 'An Evening Under the Stars', symbolises the businesses who, despite challenging conditions, are shining brighter than ever. Now is the time for business across the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and the Southern Highlands to share their stories of adaptation and survival".
IMB Bank chief executive Robert Ryan said it was the fifth year the bank has been principal sponsor.
"Now more than ever, it is important we support our local business community and recognise the pivotal role they play in building strong, thriving communities. This year's awards program acknowledges the impact of recent events on the business community and it is vital that we continue to pull together to not only rebuild confidence but maintain community and business connections in this difficult time".
There are 11 categories open for entry from Wednesday covering everything from innovation and adaptability to workplace culture, sustainability, customer service, import and export, digital service delivery and resilience. There are also awards for inspirational employees and business leaders.
Finalists will be announced on August 26 and the 2020 IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards ceremony is set for October 16 at the WIN Entertainment Centre.
Entries can be made at illawarrabusiness.awardsplatform.com, or calling 4223 0319.
- Thousands of dollars handed out in community grants by Stockland Shellharbour and centre manager acknowledged for going above and beyond
- Kiama founded men's walk, talk and support group wins NSW Men's Health Award and goes national
- Wollongong's most iconic restaurant The Charcoal Tavern reopens soon on the original site in the new 21-storey Signature Wollongong
- They told him it would never work but 40 years later Jim Eddy can celebrate the story of how he took some farm land at Jamberoo and turned it into a major theme park
- New look wellness centre at Jamberoo Resort healthy for region's visitor economy
- Take a look inside Lake Illawarra's historic manor house up for sale
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Sign up for our newsletters for the latest news