Science Space Wollongong is planning a reopening in time for the school holidays on Thursday.
After a three month temporary closure to the public, Science Space is going to open from 10am to 4pm every day during the school holidays.
Science Space director Stuart Creal said Thursday will be like a grand reopening at the Innovation Campus just as Adrian D'Amico did at 3Sixty Indoor Skate Park at Coniston on Saturday.
"Our grand reopening will be a celebration shared with our valued customers offering a number of our famous live science shows and immersive shows in our digitally advanced planetarium with limited capacity," Mr Creal said.
"In addition to our signature interactive exhibits and shows, there will also be daily prize giveaways and special Facebook Livestreams run directly from our exhibition floor.
"Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions and tracking, online booking is required for all guests, including members which will be available soon".
Mr Creal said the decision was made following the further easing of restrictions by the NSW Government.
"Since our temporary closure due to COVID-19 restrictions in late March, we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to continue delivering engaging STEM content online and directly to schools. Now we are overjoyed to be able to finally open our doors to the public again," he said.
"Our staff and all our visitors' health and safety are of our highest priority".
A University of Wollongong spokesperson said a decision on the reopening of Discovery Space is expected soon.
In the meantime Mr Creal said while all the staff at Science Space Wollongong are excited to welcome guests back there are a number of important changes to service delivery.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance, online. There will be no tickets available for purchase at reception
- The kiosk will remain closed, but vending machines are available and BYO lunch is encouraged and can be enjoyed in a seating area outside.
- Enhanced social distancing measures are in place
- Reduced overall venue capacity is in place to match the NSW government restrictions
- Reduced show capacities are in place
- Enhanced exhibition cleaning measures
OPENING DATE & TIMES
Grand Reopening date: 2 July 2020
- Every day 10.00am until 4.00pm except Wednesday when it is closed to the public.
School Holiday Period
- Every day 10.00am until 4.00pm including Wednesday.
- Excitement building for Saturday's grand reopening of the new 3Sixty Indoor Skate Park few got the chance to visit before COVID-19
- No ball pits but plenty of other fun activities as play centres reopen for Illawarra children in time for the school holidays
- When will Wollongong's activity centres reopen their doors?
- Culinary coast in celebrity spotlight as some of Australia's leading chefs call in to support fire ravaged region after COVID-19
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Sign up for our newsletters for the latest news