Wollongong detectives are appealing for information following an alleged act of indecency at Fairy Meadow on Wednesday.
About 1.30pm a 15-year-old boy was approached by a man in a public toilet block at Fairy Meadow beach.
Investigators were told the man performed a lewd act in front of the teenager and left the scene.
The boy reported the incident and officers from Wollongong Police District were notified and commenced inquiries.
Police attended and conducted extensive patrols of the area; however, the man was not located.
As investigations continue, detectives are appealing for public assistance to locate a man who may be to assist with inquiries.
The man is described as being of Caucasian appearance, aged between 40 and 50, about 185cm-190cm tall, of slim build, with short light brown hair.
He was described as wearing a maroon polo shirt, cream pants and black sunglasses.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
- Man dies after ute ploughs into his home at Stanwell Park
- Beach safety smart signs warn of danger in the surf this summer
- 'Chloe's impact will be felt forever': Tributes flow for Woonona's brave little angel
- Qantas marks 100th birthday with flyover celebrations in Shellharbour and Sydney
- McDonald's looking to hire 160 new Illawarra workers before end of year
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.