Illawarra businesses can now register for the 2017 Amazing Race Wollongong. Emily Squires and Chantelle Drolc, of the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, said the target for 2017 was $30,000.
Proceeds will go to the Kokoda Youth Foundation, Lifeline, the AIME Mentoring Program and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, as part of the AccorHotels Community Fund.
TAFE NSW Wollongong students are among those busy planning this years’ Amazing Race on September 29 which will boast a new course around Wollongong. TAFE students are helping plan and design the charity event started seven years ago by Mrs Squires and Ms Drolc and the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach. Diploma of Event Management student Kate Darby said she was already enjoying the hands-on. The fundraising initiative is a chance for her and her fellow students to showcase their talents in hospitality, event management and tourism. It also providing them with connections to more than 20 businesses involved.
The major supporter in 2017 is Peoplecare. Chief executive Michael Bassingthwaighte said the health fund had been involved with a team every year and saw it as a great community event. Registrations can be made at www.racegong.com.au. All proceeds go to charity.
How it works:
- Just like in the Amazing Race seen on TV, teams will be challenged with clues, problems and the pressure of time.
- Teams will race from check point to check point experiencing tasks and activities that will challenge and entertain.
- Organisers are keeping tight-lipped about what’s in store for those taking part in the 2017 race this year, but it’s sure to be fun.
- The event will kick off at the Novotel Northbeach at 12.30pm and teams will have approximately 3 hours to get through around 20 checkpoints in and around Wollongong.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third placed teams, best dressed and highest fundraising teams.
- The event provides great exposure for business and corporate teams and checkpoint sponsors. Team registrations are now open at www.racegong.com.au
- Details from the Notovel’s human resources department on 02 4224 3111 or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/racegong/.