The finalists have been named for the IMB Bank 2018 Illawarra Business Awards.
There are 68 finalists in 17 award categories.
- Employer of Choice – Andrew Webb Family & Business Accounting, Dapto Leagues Club, Hotondo Southcoast Pty Ltd, Itree and Novotel Wollongong Northbeach.
- Excellence in Business – IOH Injury & Occupational Health Nowra Farmers Market Workways Australia
- Excellence in Customer Service – Aceit Sportswear Pty Ltd, Doreen Brown Consulting, Fibre Optics Design and Construct, IOH, IT&T, PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic, Stellar Asia Pacific and Symbio Wildlife Park.
- Excellence in Export – Aceit Sportswear and Internetrix.
- Excellence in Innovation – Hyperbuild, Itree, Natalie Allan Consulting and Warrigal.
- Excellence in Retail & Hospitality – The Square and Uncle Joes Brew
- Excellence in Small Business – Aceit Sportswear, Boab Services, Fibre Optics Design and Construct, FinoComp, Highlands GeoExchange, My Travel Expert and PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic.
- Excellence in Social Enterprise – Green Connect Illawarra
- Excellence in Sustainability – Cupitt’s, Dapto Leagues Club, Switched on Mechanical andSymbio Wildlife Park.
- Excellence in Tourism – Cupitt’s, Destination Southern Highlands, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach and WIN Sports & Entertainment Centre.
- Excellence in Workplace Inclusion – Greenacres Disability Services, Kimberlie & Co Cleaning, The Flagstaff Group and Uniting NSW.
- Outstanding Business Leader – Diana Foye of Foye Legal, Kylie Moffitt, of PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic, Michael McKeogh, of Fibre Optics Design and Construct, and Terry Rayner of ANZ Mortgage Solutions South Coast & Southern Highlands.
- Outstanding Young Employee – Andrew Jackson of Itree, Elise Gooda of Think Tank Business Services, Joseph Felice of Crooked River Wines & Uncle Joes Brew Gerringong, Madeline Cross of GPT Wollongong Central, Matt George of Jamberoo Action Park.
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur – Dale Berry of Peak Fitness Huskisson, Michael Collins of Strategic Development Group and Sarah Nolen of BirdBlack Design.
- Start Up Superstar – Headlands Hotel, m2 kitchen, molenaar + mcneice, Property Risk Australia and Sonder Youth.
- Wollongong City Centre Business – Accelo, Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms and IT&T.
- Local Chamber of Commerce – Corrimal Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Kiama & District Business Chamber
Illawarra Business Chamber executive director Adam Zarth said it had been another year of significant development and diversification in the region’s business community, which was a key to providing employment opportunities.
“The finalists are a representative cross-section of Illawarra businesses, ranging significantly in scale. A wide range of industries are represented in our finalists, including tourism, retail, hospitality, financial services, health and aged care, legal, export and manufacturing,” he said.
Winners will be announced at WIN Entertainment Centre on October 19,
And those that take out the 12 aligned categories will represent the Illawarra at the NSW Business Chamber State Awards later in the year.
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster or at the WIN Entertainment Centre Box Office.