Innovation Campus-based business Itree is celebrating three wins at the 2018 IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards on Friday night.
Just weeks after being named national Employer of Choice at the Australian Business Awards, the company that develops software for government agencies and regulators in Australia and New Zealand was named Illawarra Business of the Year.
The business was named Outstanding Employer of Choice and team member Andrew Jackson was awarded the prize for Outstanding Young Employee in the region.
After PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic took out the Outstanding Customer Service Award earlier in the evening, owner Kylie Moffitt was named Outstanding Business Leader.
Mrs Moffitt is renowned for her work helping cancer sufferers in the Illawarra with her CanConquer exercises, a physiology program attracting interest for its success nationwide.
Sarah Nolen of Birdblack Design was named Outstanding Young Entrepreneur.
Other award winners named in front of 660 people at the WIN Entertainment Centre were Boab Services, Warrigal, Cupitt’s Winery, IOH Injury & Occupational Health, Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms, Internetrix, Uncle Joe’s Brew, Green Connect Illawarra, Corrimal Chamber of Commerce, Symbio Wildlife Park, Greenacres Disability Services and Molenaar + McNeice.
Illawarra Business Chamber executive director Adam Zarth said 13 of the 18 category winners would now go on to represent the region at the NSW Business Awards. “The Illawarra is home to the most innovative, driven and dynamic business community in the state, and our winners exemplify these traits”.
And the winners were:
- Illawarra Business of the Year – Itree
- Outstanding Business Leader – Kylie Moffitt, Physiohealth
- Outstanding Employer of Choice – Itree
- Outstanding Young Employee – Andrew Jackson, Itree
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur – Sarah Nolen, Birdblack Design
- Business – IOH Injury & Occupational Health
- Customer Service – PhysioHealth and Sports Injury Clinic
- Export – Internetrix
- Innovation – Warrigal
- Retail & Hospitality – Uncle Joe’s Brew
- Small Business – Boab Services
- Social Enterprise – Green Connect Illawarra
- Local Chamber of Commerce – Corrimal Chamber of Commerce
- Sustainability – Symbio Wildlife Park
- Tourism – Cupitt’s Winery
- Workplace Inclusion – Greenacres Disability Services
- Start Up Superstar – Molenaar + McNeice
- Wollongong City Centre Business Excellence – Breakout Bar & Escape Rooms
There were 68 finalists in 17 award categories.