Those attending the Illawarra Women In Business conference day recently were provided an opportunity to hear some of the secrets of other successful businesswomen.
A panel of award winning businesswomen saw Lauren Buhagiar, of Active Property Conveyancing, Diana Foye, of Foye Legal, and Sarah Nolen, of Birdblack Design, asked what advice they would give others.
Ms Buhagiar said the best advice she had was to do as much as you can and give it all you can. “Back yourself 110 per cent and be willing to put in the hard work”.
Mrs Nolen’s advice centred around challenging yourself to continually improve and get better.
“Just be the best at what you do and what you offer. You just need to back yourself and if you do back yourself it comes pretty easily. It is important to really focus on your clientele and make sure the service you offer them is the best you can do. Then always continue to grow and evolve and be your own champion,” she said.
Mrs Foye said encouraged others to regularly pause and reflect. She said resisting the temptation to react too quickly was important. It has obviously worked because just hours after the panel discussion she won the Illawarra Business Award for best new business.
The day also included presentations from Natalie McLean and Professor Julie Steele.
The next Illawarra Women in Business networking lunch is this Friday at Villa D’Oro Function Centre Penny Magro and Cristina Hofman, of CP Property Styling & Furniture Hire, are being profiled about their new business targeting those looking for professional backgrounds for events in the Illawarra.
- Wollongong businesswoman accepted into national mentor program with high calibre mentors
- Illawarra Women in Business Awards 2017: Photos
- Wollongong interior designer in global demand
- Wollongong conveyancer Lauren Buhagiar recognised nationally as a business leader
- Wollongong lawyer fights for Royal Australian Navy diver abuse victims
- Illawarra businesses ready to fly the flag for the region at the NSW Business Awards in Sydney
- Illawarra Business Awards 2017 winners: