A former Rebels bikie shot in broad daylight at Koonawarra in January has confirmed in court that he still has not spoken to police about what happened.
Domenico Nardi was giving evidence under oath during an AVO hearing involving his wife on Wednesday when he was quizzed about the January 15 incident, in which he was shot in the arm outside a house in Galong Crescent.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Paul Bush asked Nardi why he hadn’t reported the incident, prompting him to respond with a smirk and awkward pause.
“Do you want the person who did this to be brought before the court?” Sgt Bush asked.
Do you want the person who did this to be brought before the court?- Police prosecutor Sergeant Paul Bush
“No comment,” Nardi replied, dropping his gaze to the floor as he gave his answer.
“It is because you may deal with this in your own way….use summary justice to deal with it in your own way?” Sgt Bush added.
“No comment,” Nardi responded again, at which time his lawyer objected to any further questioning about the shooting on the grounds of relevance.
Nardi had earlier confirmed his previous association with the Rebels but said he was currently not a member of the club.
Police have alleged in previous court proceedings that Nardi’s shooting was a targeted attack in retaliation for his defection from the Rebels to rival gang, the Finks.
Meantime, Nardi told the court on Tuesday that he’d had three operations on his arm and attended weekly physiotherapy sessions.
He sought to have AVO conditions banning him from having contact with his wife relaxed so she could help him with daily activities he was unable to perform due to his injured arm.
The court heard the pair had reconciled despite allegations Nardi punched her in the face, accused her of cheating and threatened her life in March last year.
However, Magistrate Michael Stoddart refused to alter the conditions, partly because of concern it would expose Nardi’s family to danger in the wake of the shooting incident.