Wollongong businesswoman Lisa Burling has bucked the usual PR consultancy investor model and decided to undertake a partnership with Trajan Scientific & Medical.
The decision is based on shared values Ms Burling has developed with Trajan chief executive officer Stephen Tomisich and their common desire to impact human wellbeing globally.
“LBPR now has a global presence which is VERY exciting,” Ms Burling said.
Mr Tomisich has been a client of LBPR for some time and the 2016 Illawarra Women In Business businesswoman of the year spoke of his role as a mentor at a recent Inspiring Rare Birds networking event at the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach.
Trajan’s investment in the PR consultancy was made because it recognised the Wollongong based business does work around Australia and the world.
LBPR has a presence in all major cities along the Eastern Seaboard of Australia, and internationally in the UK, Europe, US, and Asia.
Mr Tomisich said Trajan’s core vision is the personalisation of science and to see people empowered, through personalised scientific information, to care for their own wellbeing.
“LBPR brings to the Trajan group the public communications skills needed to deliver the right messages, the valuable content, that is required to achieve that vision,” Mr Tomisich said.
“However, our alignment with Lisa Burling and LBPR is about more than that. LBPR’s award-winning track record speaks for itself and we admire the terrific campaigns and initiatives completed by Lisa and her team; from supporting healthcare and wellbeing-related clients through to helping younger people pursue careers in PR via their impressive global first student consultancy initiative, Catalyst.”
Mr Burling said with over 20 years of PR experience, most of it in the UK and Europe, the next step for her personally was to not only take LBPR global but do it an innovative and thoughtfully disruptive way.
“We envisage a future where “Public” relations will be more about “People” relations. Personalised, inter-connected messaging and sharing that helps individuals and organisations truly achieve their business goals through the power of human connection,” she said.
“The decision to partner with Trajan marks the start of a journey that will see us work together to transform the way companies communicate with their audiences. To truly impact human wellbeing, we need to heed the learnings of today, but look firmly to the future and the enormous opportunities ahead. I know Stephen joins me in recognising this is an exciting time for Trajan, LBPR and the broader industries in which we operate.”
- Jun 20, 2017 ... Mentors important to growing any business
- Apr 6, 2017 New group wants to give every woman the opportunity to become an entrepreneur by choice
- Oct 9, 2015 ... Lisa Burling, of LBPR, is enjoying plenty of good news with her public relations business.
- Apr 20. 2016... Businesswoman Lisa Burling invites Richard Branson to Wollongong
- Sep 29. 2015 … Burling's bucket list meeting with Branson
- Apr 29, 2016 ... When Lisa Burling started a PR business on a laptop on her kitchen table three years ago little did she know what lay ahead.
- Apr 8, 2016 ... Catalyst for change delivers for business
- Apr 27, 2016 ... Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery supports local businesswoman Lisa Burling's invitation to Richard Branson to visit Wollongong.
- Jan 16, 2016 ... Business in Heels is kicking off 2016 with a new organiser in Christine Jeffreys and the first speaker of the year is Lisa Burling, of LBPR
- June 20 ...2017. Scholarships for regional women
- Feb 12, 2016 ...Catalyst providing experience
- May 20, 2016 .. Wollongong's gift to Branson
- May 13, 2016 ... Inivation: Lisa Burling, Mark Sleigh and Glenda Papac are among those who would like Sir Richard Branson to visit Wollongoog.