Wollongong's Caveau Restaurant won its 15th hat in the Good Food Guide 2020 in Brisbane overnight.
The Keira Street eatery attended the awards with the best chefs and restauranters in Australia to find out its hat rating and score.
Simon Evans and Tom Chiumento said they were always happy to be included in that company.
And to have achieved a high score of 15.5 this year they are right up their with the top regional restaurants in NSW.
"It is the same score as last year, half a point from receiving 2 hats," Mr Evans said.
In the Good Food Guide 2020 Caveau Restaurant is described as an Australian restaurant boasting inspired fine dining.
It says Simon Evans and Tom Chiumento commitment to using native ingredients across the eight-course tasting menu feel genuine rather than gimmicky and the results as truly delicious.
"We were really really happy with the review, they took note of our use of native ingredients, and highlighted some of our favourite dishes like the cured crocodile and green ants, and our smashed avo on toast dessert," Mr Chiumento said.
"The last sentence of the review was great to, using new and sometimes unheard of ingredients can come across as 'whacky' at times so we try to ground it in great technique and flavour".
The Good Food Guide noted how Mr Chiumento visits tables to talk about the provernance of local produce.
Biota at Bowral on the Southern Highlands also continued its good run picking up two Good Food Guide hats overnight.
- Wollongong bars and eateries set a new record for glasses achieved in the Australian Wine List of the Year
- How Wollongong stylist to the stars Donny Galella is busy styling 20 women for Wednesday night's Dally M Awards
- Caveau Restaurant to host a Hidden Harvest dinner to combat the environmental and social impacts of food waste
- Hatted chefs at Caveau praised by wine icon for producing the best food in Australia
- How Caveau Restaurant hosted a Wollongong homecoming for 2017 Australian Winemaker of the Year
- Wollongong's Caveau wins 14th Chefs Hat at Good Food Guide awards