An Albion Park man accused of bombarding his ex-partner with dozens of text messages in breach of an apprehended domestic violence order has been granted strict conditional bail.
Police documents tendered to Wollongong Local Court on Sunday reveal Joel Allan Durham had been served with the AVO banning him from contacting the woman just two days before he allegedly sent her an email containing a Youtube link to a song from her favourite band.
The victim sent Durham a blistering text message in the early hours of Thursday, in which she told him to stop contacting her.
"You piece of shit, stop messaging me and calling me, don't ever call the shop again either, I want nothing to do with you," she wrote.
"Get that through your head, you f--ked up and there's no going back. I won't forgive you, we're done."
Police will allege this triggered an avalanche of text messages from Durham to the woman over the next 24 hours. Court documents said Durham sent the victim 26 text messages between 1.30am and 3am that morning, then another 47 between 10.15am and 9.30pm.
On Friday, he allegedly sent another 15 messages between 5.15am and 2.45pm.
The woman reported the incident to police who attended Durham's home on Saturday and arrested him.
He was charged with intimidation and contravening an AVO and remanded in custody to front court on Sunday.
In applying for bail, Durham said he planned to move to Orange in the near future to take up a job as an electrician in the mines.
Registrar Tina McKenna agreed to release Durham provided he report to police daily, live with his family and not go within 500m of where his ex-partner lives or works.