The NSW COVID-19 cluster has grown, with 12 locally acquired cases to be added to the overall count, including an Illawarra woman in her 60s.
The woman is a close contact of a previously reported case and has been in isolation.
She is among five new cases of COVID-19 recorded overnight, two of which were announced Monday morning.
NSW Health has also been notified of seven new locally acquired cases overnight. These cases will be included in Wednesday's numbers.
No new overseas-acquired cases were recorded in the same period, bringing the total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic to 5,465.
In light of the new cases, Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced that mask-wearing will be compulsory at indoor venues such as shopping centres for the whole of Greater Sydney, including Wollongong and Shellharbour, from 4 pm today.
As well, the requirement to wear masks on public transport, which was to finish on Thursday, will be extended for a further week.
There were 28,645 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day's total of 25,252.
Anyone with even the mildest of cold-like symptoms is urged to get tested without delay and isolate until a negative result is received.
People in Sydney's eastern suburbs and the Wollongong area are asked to be especially vigilant for the onset of symptoms.
NSW Health administered a record 18,045 COVID-19 vaccines in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, including 6,694 at the vaccination centre at Sydney Olympic Park.
The total number of vaccines administered in NSW is now 1,917,183, with 694,125 doses administered by NSW Health to 8pm last night and 1,223,058 administered by the GP network and other providers to 11.59pm on Sunday 20 June.
There are now 21 cases linked to the Bondi cluster. Of the five locally reported cases to 8pm last night:
Two were announced yesterday:
- A woman in her 50s from Sydney's northern suburbs. She is a close contact of a previously reported case and has been in isolation.
- A man in his 30s from Sydney's eastern suburbs. He is a close contact of a previously reported case and has been in isolation.
Three further cases were reported to 8pm last night:
- A woman in her 60s from the Illawarra. She is a close contact of a previously reported case and has been in isolation.
- A woman in her 40s from Sydney's northern suburbs. She is a close contact of a previously reported case and has been in isolation.
- A woman in her 20s from the eastern suburbs. She is linked to the Bondi cluster. Further investigations are underway.