For the first time in its decade long history Illawarra Women in Business has decided not to go ahead with the IWIB Business Women's Awards in 2020.
The annual event was to take place on May 15 but it was postponed when social distancing restrictions were introduced. IWIB director Glenda Papac said she had looked at every possible way of running the awards but not knowing when it would be possible to hold an event with at least 50 people made it impossible to set a date.
All finalists and other members would be encouraged to enter the Illawarra Business Chamber Awards.
"We may be holding the IWIB Business Woman of the Year and the IWIB Young Business Woman of the Year later on in the year if numbers at events increase," she said.
- See who the finalists are for the 2020 Illawarra Women In Business Awards
- Surprise for Illawarra Women in Business director Glenda Papac
- Business advocate Glenda Papac named Wollongong's woman of the year
- Photos of all the winners from Friday's Illawarra Women in Business Awards
- Wollongong conveyancer Lauren Buhagiar named Illawarra Business Woman of the Year
- All the photos from the Illawarra Women in Business awards 2018
- Diana Foye is named Illawarra Business Woman of the Year
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.