Entertainer Esther Hannaford will take on the persona of Carole King for a concert tour celebrating 50 years of King's hit album Tapestry.
Jet bassist Mark Wilson will be leading the accompanying band on tour, which will head to Anita's Theatre in Thirroul on May 5.
"She has such an incredible way of getting to the heart of shared human experiences," Hannaford said of King's songs.
She said returning to the stage after a year of very little work (thanks to the pandemic) would be "very emotional".
"We're all looking forward to being there with a live audience to share these iconic songs," Hannaford said.
Released on February 10, 1971, Tapestry immediately hit number one on the US Billboard chart and remained there for 15 weeks straight - the record home to classics like 'I Feel the Earth Move', 'So Far Away', 'You've Got a Friend', 'It's Too Late'
The concert tour will feature all songs from the album as well as a selection of hits King wrote for fellow musicians.
Tickets are on sale now: www.livenation.com.au
Carole King's "Tapestry" 50th anniversary tour with Esther Hannaford:
- CIVIC THEATRE, NEWCASTLE - THURSDAY APRIL 15
- TWIN TOWNS SHOWROOM, TWEED HEADS - FRIDAY APRIL 16
- KINGS THEATRE, CALOUNDRA - SUNDAY APRIL 18
- TOWNSVILLE ENTERTAINMENT & CONVENTION CENTRE - TUESDAY APRIL 20
- CAIRNS PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE - THURSDAY APRIL 22
- EMPIRE THEATRE, TOOWOOMBA - SATURDAY APRIL 24
- QPAC CONCERT HALL, BRISBANE - SUNDAY APRIL 25
- BUNBURY REGIONAL ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE - WEDNESDAY APRIL 28
- CROWN THEATRE, PERTH - FRIDAY APRIL 30
- STATE THEATRE, SYDNEY - SUNDAY MAY 2
- ANITA'S THEATRE, WOLLONGONG - WEDNESDAY MAY 5
- ALBURY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE - FRIDAY MAY 7
- CANBERRA THEATRE - SATURDAY MAY 8
- ULUMBARRA THEATRE, BENDIGO - TUESDAY MAY 11
- FESTIVAL THEATRE, ADELAIDE - THURSDAY MAY 13
- PALAIS THEATRE, MELBOURNE - FRIDAY MAY 14